Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Improvement of provided Services in the Charity house of Saint Elizabeth
The project aims at providing a dignified environment for seniors in the “Saint Elisabeth Charity House” by reconstructing rooms, common sanitary facilities and by the provision of a relaxation and stimulation garden for therapeutic activities. In addition, new personalized services will be introduced for the clients, which will lead to the provision of high quality social services.
Rafforzare la sicurezza sociale
Servizi sociali per determinati gruppi di persone
- Seniors, disabled people
- Social workers
- Families of the clients
- Through reconstruction and new equipement, the services have been humanised with reduced number of beds per room, reduced number of users per one sanitary facility, new interior rooms for therapeutic activities and the garden attached to the senior home being revitalized.
- The capacity of the day centre was increased by 50% (15 users).
- All 44 users of social services have barrier-free access to their rooms and other common space.
- 4 new methods of social work with seniors such as garden therapy, motion therapy, relaxation techniques and memory training are available on a daily basis for all users of the facility and contributed to strengthening the quality of care.
- 14 employees were trained in the newly introduced methods of social work and methodological guidelines were developed for the new methods.
- The Executing Agency was very active in sharing good practice and experience with other similar partners as well as with other institutions in the area of care for elderly people.
- National State Institute North
Regarding the demographic trends of the Czech Republic and the whole of Europe, it is predicted that the number of senior citizens will continue to grow rapidly, thus leading to an increased demand in social services for this age group. At the same time, many institutions offering services for elderly people are characterized by inappropriate facilities, outdated equipment and work methods which do not correspond to the contemporary knowledge and best practices. This applies in particular to the disadvantaged regions in eastern Czech Republic, constituting the focus regions of the Swiss contribution. The “Saint Elisabeth Charity House” has an outdated infrastructure which does not permit to provide social services of high quality to its clients.
The main objective of the project is to provide elderly citizens and disabled people with appropriate individualized services and help them to become independent and self-sufficient for both ambulatory and resident clients.
The project will increase the capacity of the day centre by 50% (from 10 to 15 clients) by reconstruction of unused space in the building. A relaxation and stimulation garden will be created for the residents. The housing service will be improved by transformation of the triple bed rooms into single/double bed rooms and creation of new single/double bed rooms and the building of four new rooms. The activation and stimulation programme offered will be extended and improved. It will include gardening, memory training, relaxation techniques and physical therapy.
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione statale straniera
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 783'754 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 783'117|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 01.04.2012 - 30.04.2017 (Completed)