Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Disaster Victim Identification Team - training and technical equipment
The project will create, equip and train a Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) Team in the Czech Republic for the identification of victims of large scale disasters in the Czech Republic and abroad. The project will finance training of the personnel, international cooperation and the logistical equipment of the newly established Czech DVI Team.
Rafforzare la sicurezza pubblica
Gestione delle calamità naturali e delle situazioni d’emergenza
- The Czech DVI team was established in line with Interpol recommendations, is integrated into the Integrated Emergency System and the police structure of the Czech Republic.
- The 40 members of the DVI Team are ready for deployment: newly trained and equipped with state-of-the-art equipement.
- The DVI team is using the Plass Data Software, a standard software used by the majority of DVI teams in the world.
- Through international exchange of experience with DVI-teams worldwide the knowledge-level was enhanced and an international network with foreign DVI-teams was established that allows continuous experience exchange.
- Strong Swiss expertise provided in establishng the Czech DVI team and in building its capacities.
- Guidelines for DVI Team of the Czech Republic are published and disseminated to policemen and members of the Integrated Emergency System.
- National State Institute North
The recent world wide natural disasters and other tragedies with numerous casualties show the need for expert teams to identify victims. Based on the Interpol recommendations of 1997, each member state should have established and equipped a disaster victim identification team (DVI) to identify victims of mass disasters, which may happen anywhere - be it in the territory of the Czech Republic or abroad. So far, the Czech Republic has not created a team as recommended. Due to the fact, that the risks of disasters remain high, the Czech Republic proposes to create a DVI Team.
The project aims at reducing the social and legal obstacles related to disasters with many casualties. The objective of the project is to create a functional structure of the DVI team of the Czech Republic, which will assist the local population in the Czech Republic or the Czech nationals abroad who have fallen victims of mass disasters. The Czech DVI team shall fulfil the obligations and requirements of the national legislation and of Interpol and thus contribute to the full participation of the Czech Republic to the efforts of the international Community.
Citizens of the Czech Republic and foreigners in the Czech Republic and in the EU
(i): purchase of logistical equipment for the DVI team; (ii): training of personnel in Switzerland and in the Czech Republic; (iii): international cooperation, exchange of experience at national and international expert seminars or conferences (organised by Interpol, the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes, Europol etc.) and a closing conference; (iv): review of the guidelines for activities for the DVI team of the Czech Republic.
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione statale straniera
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 1'075'250 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 1'072'656|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 01.02.2012 - 30.11.2016 (Active)