Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Humanisation of residence services, Roznov pod Radhostem
The project aims at providing a dignified environment for seniors in the “Aged Persons Home Roznov pod Radhostem” by reconstructing 51 living units, sanitary facilities and by building a new therapeutic room. In addition, qualified social workers will introduce modern methods of individualized work with residents, which will lead to the provision of high quality social services.
Rafforzare la sicurezza sociale
Servizi sociali per determinati gruppi di persone
- Social workers
- The residential services of the home for seniors have been humanised through reconstruction, modernization and new interior equipement and therapeutic aids.
- New interior rooms (from no space to 67.40 m2) and revitalized garden (7700 m2) are availablefor recreactiv and therapeutic activities.
- All 102 residents have barrier-free access to their rooms, to the sanitary facilities and other common space.
- 3 new work methods (validation therapy, reminiscence therapy and music therapy) are available individually or in groups for all users of the facility and contributed to strengthen the quality of care. Interest in therapies among clients is high.
- 3 qualified workers trained and performing the new methods of social work.
- The Executing Agency was active in sharing good practice and experience with other similar partners as well as with other institutions in the area of care for elderly people.
- National State Institute North
While the demographic trends indicate that the number of senior citizens will continue to grow rapidly, most institutions offering services for elderly people are characterized by inappropriate facilities, outdated equipment and work methods which do not correspond to the contemporary knowledge and best practices. This applies in particular to the disadvantaged regions in eastern Czech Republic, constituting the focus regions of the Swiss contribution. As a result, the social services delivered often do not respect appropriate standards and, thus, affect the quality of life of the residents of these institutions. The “Aged Persons Home Roznov pod Radhostem” is characterized by an outdated infrastructure which does not permit to provide social services of high quality to its residents.
The goal of the project is to provide a dignified environment for seniors by setting up a comprehensive system of high quality social care services. This shall be achieved by the reconstruction and humanisation of existing building as well as by introducing modern work methods which will improve the care services delivered to individual residents.
The project will finance: (i): Reconstruction of 51 living units with own sanitary facilities; (ii): Refurbishment of a therapeutic room, a common sanitary facility and cleaning and staff rooms; (iii): Employment of 1 qualified therapist who will introduce new methods of work with residents
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione statale straniera
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 1'436'092 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 1'429'328|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 01.07.2012 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)