Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Transport Center in Legionowo
Legionowo is a fast growing city of more than 50'000 inhabitants, located some 20 km to the north of Poland’s capital Warsaw. Today, different public transport modes (national, regional, local buses, trains) do not exploit their full potential. One of the key reasons is the lack of a proper transportation hub with adequate passenger services. However, the potential of public transport is huge. The aim of the project is therefore to build an integrated rail and bus station (Transport Center Legionowo), fully equipped with an electronic passenger information system, and with Park & Ride Facility.
- Construction of an integrated, multifunctional railway station (the Legionowo Transport Center)
- Construction of two Parks & Ride facilities
- Construction of a new access road to the railway station and to one Park & Ride facility
- Installation of a Passenger Information System
- The construction of the new transport hub in Legionowo (20 km north of Warsaw) provides more convenient public transport and a better connection with the capital of Warsaw. The facilities available to passengers include a railway station building, which additionally hosts a new public library, a passenger information system, new Park and Ride facilities and a new access road.
- 5,000 passengers use the transport centre Legionowo every day. On average, 90% of parking spaces are used every day by commuters.
- National Coordination Unit
- Polish Ministry of Regional Development
The overall project objective is to improve the quality and operational effectiveness of the local and regional public transport system around the city of Legionowo, a sub-capital center of the Warsaw Metropolitan area. This will be achieved through the construction of a multifunctional railway station (Transport Center Legionowo), bringing together rail transport with local and regional bus lines. Furthermore, a Park & Ride facility and an electronic Passenger Information System will be introduced.
The goal of the project is to improve the attractiveness of public transport services in Legionowo and its surrounding area.
The direct beneficiary is the city of Legionowo where the new railway station will be built. Indirect beneficiaries are all potential passengers, i.e. the 50'000 inhabitants of this fast developing town only 20 km from Warsaw, as well as inhabitants of the surrounding municipalities who use Legionowo as a hub to Warsaw where they go to school, work or just for leisure.
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
City of Legionowo
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 9'634'464 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 9'532'884|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 3 22.10.2009 - 31.03.2017 (Completed)Fase 2 24.10.2009 - 31.12.2016 (Completed) Fase 1 24.10.2009 - 28.02.2017 (Completed)