Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Quality Improvement of Social Services, Podkarpackie
The programme is focused on the improvement of quality of infrastructure and services provided in social care institutions in the Podkarpackie Voivodeship in order to enhance living conditions of residents of these institutions. The programme targets elderly people, mentally and physically disabled as well as youths deprived of appropriate parental assistance and directly contributes to promote social inclusion of disadvantaged groups.
Rafforzare la sicurezza sociale
Servizi sociali per determinati gruppi di persone
- Increased quality of care, medical and education services provided to residents in social care units
- 56% of employees directly working with residents have increased their qualifications (target is 60%).
- 81% increase of percentage rate of residents participating in rehabilitation treatment (target is 10%)
- 16% increase of percentage rate of residents participating in activation treatement (target value is 10%)
- 10 social care institutions have modernized and/or equipped their premises (971 area of created/modernized premises in square meters - target is 1'211).
- 455 medical and substantive staff members in social care units upgraded their qualifications (target is 446).
- 8 nurses have finished training courses/studies and increased their capacities.
- 10 promotional events, informational and coaching meetings for final beneficiaries organized, in which approximately 850 people participated
- National State Institute North
Social welfare homes, together with education and care centres, are the most wide-spread form of institutionalised social care in Poland. As the population grows older, demand for such care is bound to increase. Podkarpackie, which is dominated by a mainly rural economy, is one of the poorest regions throughout Poland. Poverty being an important factor for social exclusion, demand for social services increases even further. However, the quality of social care services in Podkarpackie is low in comparison to better developed areas in Poland. The social care sector is not satisfactorily prepared to meet the demand resulting from the
The goal of the programme is to enhance the living conditions for residents in social welfare homes and care and education centres in the Podkarpackie Voivodeship by increasing the quality of services provided. This will be achieved, on one hand, by
Residents of social care institutions (elderly and disabled people, children and juveniles in difficult family situations); Staff of care institutions (social workers, nurses, managers)
(i): reconstructing and modernising infrastructure of social care institutions (component 1); (ii): purchase of necessary equipment (component 1&3); (iii): conducting specialised trainings for at least 120 staff of social care institutions (component 2); (iv): conducting specific trainings for 200 nurses and midwives who need to complete their qualifications in accordance with the requirements of the National Health Fund (component 3)
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione statale straniera
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 4’683’012 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 4’543’047|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 01.08.2011 - 31.10.2015 (Completed)