Thematic Fund "Inclusion of Roma and other vulnerable groups"
The Thematic Fund "Inclusion of Roma and other Vulnerable Groups" shall contribute to improve the living conditions of Roma and other vulnerable minorities in a number of communities as well as contribute to the empowerment and awareness building in order to foster the social inclusion of the same groups.
Accroître la sécurité sociale
Favoriser la croissance économique et améliorer les conditions de travail
Diverses prestations sociales
- Three programmes contracted and under implementation aiming at improving the life conditions of Roma and other vulnerable groups
- Two projects generating economic activities and entrepreneurship within communities with a large number of Roma are under implementation
- The sustainably, quality of education and health have been improved in 153 vulnerable communities from 12 counties from South, North-West and Central Regions of Romania
- Approximately 27.500 direct beneficiaries
- Caritas Suisse
- Entraide Protestante suisse
- Autre organisation suisse non-profit
- Secteur privé étranger Nord
- Terre des Hommes Lausanne
The Roma community is the largest minority in Romania and is characterised primarily by the situation of social exclusion and wide ranging poverty experienced by a significant proportion of its members. Inadequate access to housing, education, health, employment along with the existence of cultural barriers are the main difficulties that the Roma community is facing. One can say that the Roma community is historically disadvantaged and discriminated.
The objective of the Thematic Fund „Inclusion of Roma and other Vulnerable Groups“ is to promote social inclusion and participation in socio-economic life of vulnerable minorities namely of the Roma community. In accordance with the Framework Agreement, priority shall be given to the improvement of living conditions, particularly in the education and health field and in empowerment and awareness building measures.
Vulnerable communities with large percentage of Roma population or other minorities
The activities shall be bundled into 3-4 projects under the part "Improvement of Living Conditions", submitted by Romanian-Swiss consortiums (NGOs). Priority shall be given to education for children as well as to health for children and women. Under the part "Empowerment and Awareness Building", priority will be given to strengthening Roma and other minorities' cultural identity and integration and enhancing their participation in decision making.
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
ONG internationale ou étrangère
Organisation suisse à but non lucratif
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 13'840'400 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 13'497'903|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 1 01.03.2012 - 30.11.2019 (Completed)