Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Waste Monitoring Middle Danube Inspectorate
The Middle Danube Valley Inspectorate for Environmental Protection, Nature Conservation and Water Management aims at improving quantitatively and qualitatively emissions control in order to protect the health of the population and the environment. Switzerland contributes CHF 5.078 mio. to this project that will diminish the risk of contamination of air, soil and water (namely ground water resources).
Observation de l‘environnement
- To provide the necessary information on polluted (e.g. landfills) and contaminated sites to decision makers preventing or taking action against illegal behaviour
- To improve the living standards and the promotion of sustainable economic development.
- The project has been fully implemented in accordance with the expected results. Consequently,
- Improved emissions control enabling the Government Office of Pest County to fully implement and enforce the Hugarian Waste Management Act, in particular with regard to illegally polluted and contaminated sites.
- Laboratory equipment has been modernised and complemented, namely through mobile measurement and analysis devices. The Government Office can now also comply with EU regulations.
- 115 new air monitoring and laboratory equipment have been delivered and installed.
- Two air quality measurement vehicles have been procured.
- Improved capacity of staff operating and monitoring the system following provision of training.
- Hungarian National Development Agency
Illegal waste disposals are very frequent in this region. Without immediate proof, fining is difficult. For this purpose, the bulk of the mobile equipment to be purchased under this project is foreseen to strengthen the Inspectorate in its law enforcement function. The old equipment needs to be replaced to comply with current standards. Increased and strengthened environmental monitoring capacity provides the basis for the reduction of environment contamination, the improvement of living standards and the promotion of sustainable economic development.
The Middle-Danube Valley Inspectorate of Environment Protection, Nature Conservation and Water Management as well as the population of 3.5 million people.
Up-grade of the existing laboratory equipment and completion of this equipment with mobile measurement and analyses devices. Training of the equipment users.
Principaux résultats attendus:
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
Partenaire de mise en œuvre
VÁTI Ltd and Middle-Danube-Valley Inspectorate for Environmental Protection, Nature Conservation and Water Management
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 5'078'250 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 4'443'995|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 2 20.01.2011 - 30.06.2016 (Completed)Phase 1 01.03.2011 - 31.08.2016 (Completed)