Scientific Exchange Programme (Sciex) Czech Republic

Projet terminé

The Scientific Exchange Programme between the New Member States and Switzerland, Sciex-NMS.ch for short, has given over 500 young researchers from new EU member states the opportunity to complete a short-term residency in Switzerland to further their research.

Pays/région Thème Période Budget
Tchèque, Républic
Favoriser la croissance économique et améliorer les conditions de travail
Recherche et développement
01.04.2009 - 31.12.2016
CHF 7'000'000

Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.

Contexte

By virtue of the 24 March 2006 Federal Act on Cooperation with the Countries of Eastern Europe and the CIS, Switzerland has made available a CHF 1 billion contribution to the benefit of those States which became EU members on 1 May 2004. Against this background, the framework agreement with the Czech Republic foresees the establishment of a fund to provide scholarships for young Czech research scientists to Swiss research and development institutions for a total sum of CHF 4 million.

Objectifs

To contribute to the reduction of the social and economic disparities within the enlarged EU by means of supporting the professional and scientific capacities of young researchers from the beneficiary countries together with promoting sustainable cooperation between Switzerland and the same beneficiary countries.

Groupes cibles

Young Czech scientists and researchers

Activités
  • to develop the individual capacities of the young research scientists (human capital)
  • to encourage scientific progress and innovation (scientific perspectives for the future)
  • to establish or reinforce networks between Swiss and Czech researchers

 

Résultats

Résultats obtenus:  

  • 96 scholarships for research in Switzerland granted, that have helped to establish the scientific career of 92% of the fellows (while the remaining 8% were not able to evaluate yet as the question has to be considered from a long-time perspective).
  • Sustainable cooperation in the area of research between Switzerland and the Czech Republic was established which laid the bases for future scientific cooperation.
  • Through the exchange, the fellows improved their skills in German, French or Italian in addition to English, thus enriching their already existing multilingualism.


Direction/office fédéral responsable DDC
Crédit Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
Partenaire de projet Partenaire contractuel
Institution universitaire et de recherche suisse
  • Autres instituts suisses universitairs ou de recherche


Budget Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF   7'000'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF   6'832'370
Phases du projet

Phase 1 01.04.2009 - 31.12.2016   (Completed)