Information for the media
Media inquiries SDC
Info FDFA telephone service
The FDFA Information telephone service will respond to your calls daily from Monday through Friday from 9.00 to 12.30 and from 13.30 to 17.00. In case of urgent media enquiries outside of normal working hours, we would kindly request you to address yourselves directly to the FDFA Information spokespersons.
Info FDFA during festive day/weekend emergency on-call service
Specifications about the responsible emergency on call service spokesperson for the coming weekend will be published this Friday.
Regulations concerning accreditation of foreign media representatives
The FDFA accredits members of the media working for foreign media. The accreditation regulations contain information regarding the relevant requirements, procedures, and also the rights and responsibilities of media representatives. They set out the requirements for the accreditation of Swiss or foreign nationals who are professionally active as journalists in Switzerland.
Representatives of foreign media are journalists or photographers who work for one or more media outlet abroad. Representatives of foreign media also include freelance journalists and photographers who can prove that they work principally and regularly for foreign media outlets.
For the purposes of these regulations, foreign media outlets include foreign-based public and private companies and corporations and press agencies which report regularly on current events in Switzerland and/or the international organisations based there, and whose activities are solely journalistic.
Accreditation requirements have to be submitted at Information FDFA (email@example.com) including following forms and documents:
- forms: declaration , request
- short CV, photo
- employer confirmation
- copies: passport , press card and stay permit if not Swiss nationality
The accreditation is valid for two years.
The regulations do not apply to journalists accredited to the Federal Palace. For more information please contact the Federal Chancellery (de).
Links for the media
- News concerning enlargement contribution: press releases and articles
- Subscribe to press releases
- Subscribe to RSS feed for press releases, articles and speeches concerning enlargement contribution
- Subscribe to SDC Newsletter
- Image database concerning enlargement contribution
- Federal Council press conferences (fr)
- Media Centre of the Confederation
- Press releases concerning policy on Europe