An important objective of the Contribution is to strengthen Swiss relations with the concerned EU member states and to increase cooperation on common challenges. Potential beneficiaries of the Contribution are municipalities, regional and central governments, environmental bodies, education/research institutions, health institutions, NGOs and more. The links below help them to find a non-commercial Swiss partner institution.
Finding non-commercial partners in Switzerland
- Measures for securing borders
- Modernisation of the judiciary
- Strengthening institutions and capacity for combating corruption and organised crime
- Prevention and management of natural disasters
- Regional development initiatives in peripheral and disadvantaged regions
- Sanitation and modernisation of basic infrastructure
(energy efficiency, drinking water, waste water, waste disposal, public transport)
- Improvements in environmental conditions, reduction of harmful emissions, development and enforcement of ecological monitoring standards and norms
- Toxic waste disposal and revitalisation of contaminated sites
- Cross-border environmental initiatives
- Biodiversity and nature protection
- Development of the private sector and promotion of exports (emphasis on small and medium-sized enterprises SMEs)
- Improving the business environment and the access to financing for SMEs
- Improved regulation of the financial sector, and strengthening of financial markets and institutions
Out of this list, Switzerland and each partner state selected country-specific focus areas. Project proposals must comply with these priorities in order to be considered for financing. For more information on the country-specific focus areas, see Annex I of the Framework Agreements or consult the webpage of the National Coordination Units (NCU) in the partner countries where project proposals have to be submitted. Project proposals can be submitted for the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania.
If you need assistance beyond these pages to find a partner in Switzerland, please contact the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
Additionally to the above list, the Market Place helps as well to find a non-commercial partner in Switzerland. The Market Place allows institutions both from the EU member states and from Switzerland to place a search and as well as to check the respective lists.