Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Information system for the purpose of criminal proceedings
The project will support the implementation of a new technology which will integrate the currently scattered information systems of the Police of the Czech Republic in order to achieve a more efficient processing of information collected by the members of the Czech Police. A study on the integration of information systems will be prepared and a new IT infrastructure will be procured following a public tender.
Enhanced security and safety
Combating corruption and organised crime
- Study on the integration of the information systems of the Police of the Czech Republic delivered
- Consolidated IT system: Procured technical equipment delivered and installed. Hardware: 1 blade chasis, 6 application servers, 2 database servers, 1 adding disk array. Software: Cloud solution technology, compatible with regional police departments
- Chosen HW optimizes energy consumption and therefore allows energy savings
- The staff using the new hardware and software is trained through an internal users seminar.
- The project is utilized as a basis for further stages of the life cycle of IT development.
- Contribution to the safety of Czech and European citizens increased through increased number of successfully investigated criminal cases with effective and optimized information management of the Police of the Czech Republic.
- National State Institute North
The Police of the Czech Republic currently operates a scattered structure of information technologies with over sixty information systems in order to fulfil its statutory obligations. Its administration demands a higher number of specialists and causes a higher rate of overlapping of the stored data than the decided
The overall goal of the project is to increase the success rate of the Czech Police in the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of crime and thus to contribute to internal order of the Czech Republic and the security of its citizens. The project intends to contribute to ensuring an optimum administration, increasing the efficiency of processes and decreasing operational costs through purchasing and using the state-of-the-art technologies within the framework of the consolidated IT infrastructure. The project objective is to map the current information systems operated by the Czech Police, enable their integration and create a consolidated IT infrastructure providing a stable environment for the following 5 years at least after completion of the project.
Citizens of the Czech Republic and the EU/EFTA
Preparation of a study on the integration of the Czech Police’s information systems including: (i): Proposal for the consolidation of the currently scattered structure of numerous information systems into larger meaningful wholes; (ii): Proposal of the definition of assortment of the provided IT services by the central workplace; (iii): Proposal of the introduction of unified methodological management principles in IT and binding standards; (iv): The purchase and the launching of a technology
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
Intermediary Body: Ministry of Interior; Executing Agency:Ministry of Interior - Police Presidium - Concept and Informatics Development Department (CIDD PP)
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 1'432'181 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 1'273'812|
Phase 1 01.04.2012 - 31.12.2014 (Completed)