Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Training System for Professional Staff of the Judiciary
The goal of the project is to improve the qualifications of the professional judiciary staff working in courts and state prosecutions in the Czech Republic. The project will provide an uniform system of training and develop E-courses for basic and further training of the staff.
Enhanced security and safety
Modernisation of the Judiciary
- The goal of the project is to improve the qualifications of the professional staff working in the judiciary sector
- to create an uniform and regulated system of professional staff training in courts and state prosecutions
- New concept for education in the Justice Sector provides initial, qualifying&continuous and specialized training to professional staff of courts and prosecution offices in every phase of their career.
- Access to training was improved with the development, testing and using of 30 e-modules and 12 training videos for professional staff in justice.
- Modernization of training rooms of the Judicial Academy in Prague and Kromeriz and their ICT-equipement improved coverage and efficiency of the educational system of the Judicial Academy (7900 persons can be trained through online blended study).
- Analysis of the required competences and of training needs of the professional staff at individual working positions was carried out with another analysis on the status of ICT. Both analysis served as the basis for the new concept of training and training programs.
- 90% of the participants (1890) in pilot testing of the 30 e-modules expressed satisfaction with the e-learning education.
- National State Institute North
The training of the professional staff in the justice sector is regulated ad-hoc and it is not uniform at different organisations of the sector. Employees do not have sufficient information about training offer and the management of courts and state prosecutions do not have any overview about the state of knowledge of their subordinates. A structure of training judges and state prosecutors is already in place, it is necessary to cover also the training of other professional staff in the judiciary sector.
Courts and state prosecutions employees
Preparatory phase: The project will provide an initial analysis of the Human resource development, describing the workloads and relate the qualification pre-requisities to the functions. The main content of the qualification and specialisation training will be aligned. Complementary to this, a proposal for the introduction of a Learning Management System (LMS) will be drafted.
Implementation phase: The Learning Management System will be developed and teaching rooms of the Justice Academy will be modernized. E-courses for the training will be created and evaluated. The Learning Management System will be pilot deployed in state prosecutions and courts.
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 1'404'000 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 1'236'388|
Phase 1 01.01.2011 - 31.10.2016 (Completed)