The local Swiss representation is the first point of contact for Swiss nationals abroad in need of consular services. The FDFA website has further information on the range of services available, an online desk for certain services and a direct link to the passport application form.
Services for Swiss nationals abroad
The FDFA Helpline is available around the clock to assist with matters relating to consular services.
Swiss nationals residing abroad can access the following services directly via the online desk:
- view personal details
- order and pay online for a certificate of nationality and registration in the register of the Swiss Abroad
- report civil status matters such as marriages, births, adoptions, changes of names, deaths, etc.
- submit changes of address
- update contact details (phone, email, etc.)
- registration or de-registration in the electoral register
- order publications (Swiss Review, representation’s newsletter)
The relevant Swiss representation abroad can answer any questions concerning the FDFA online desk.