Contribution to Rural Housing Reconstruction Project (RHRP)
Rural households affected by the earthquake of April 25, 2015, especially from disadvantaged groups, will rebuild earthquake resistant houses through the RHRP, the Government’s lead project for housing reconstruction. The Swiss support through a Multi-Donor Trust Fund managed by the World Bank, will enable an additional 2’250 rural households to rebuild. The contribution will be complemented by technical assistance secondments provided by SDC humanitarian aid.
Assistenza umanitaria & RRC
Alloggio (till 2016)
Ricostruzione e riabilitazione (till 2016)
Sector not specified
- Vulnerable affected households in the districts with strong Swiss presence.
- Masons, artisans and unskilled construction labor.
- Local government agencies and their staff.
- Earthquake affected households, selected on the basis of socio-economic vulnerability and gender equity perspective, have the means to rebuild their homes based on earthquake safer construction standards, designs and construction practices.
- Construction artisans and homeowners are equipped with skills to construct earthquake safer housing units using local materials and traditional construction methods supported by relevant training and technical assistance.
- Government and programme stakeholders have strengthened their capacities in homeowner driven programme management, supervision, monitoring and grievance mechanisms with the support of aid actors experienced in similar programmes (Pakistan, Haiti, Sri Lanka).
- Homeowners of totally destroyed homes rebuild basic core houses through conditional cash based assistance integrating earthquake resistant techniques.
- Masons and artisans receive proper training including earthquake resistant methods and techniques using local materials and resources.
- Central and local level authorities establish effective and adapted programme management mechanisms to provide guidance to operational partners and ensure relevant programme oversight.
- Other WB
On 25 April 2015, a 7.8 magnitude earthquake (EQ) struck Nepal, followed by another earthquake on May 12th. More than 8,500 people were killed. About 490’000 houses were destroyed and 265’000 houses damaged to the extent to make them at least temporarily inhabitable, leaving around 3.2 million people homeless.
The goal of the RHRP is to restore housing damaged during the 2015 earthquakes in Nepal using earthquake resistant building techniques, and materials, through an owner-driven approach, and improving long-term resilience and culture of safer and sustainable housing.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
This is a single phase project with no previous opening credit.
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
Istituzione finanziaria internazionale
Local civil society organizations, communities and private sector actors.
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
Government Ministries and institutions, UN agencies, National and International NGOs and other development partners participating to the reconstruction efforts in Nepal.
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 5'000'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 5'000'000|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 1 15.12.2015 - 31.07.2023 (Fase in corso)|