PADIT – Coordinated Platform Programme for the Comprehensive Development of the Territories
The PADIT (Coordinated Platform Programme for the Comprehensive Development of the Territories) project is part of the decentralisation process that is currently underway in Cuba, strengthening capabilities for the management of local development and coordinating the three governmental levels (municipal, provincial, national). PADIT supports the implementation of inclusive social services and inter-municipal production activities as well as links between actors in the public, private and cooperative sectors, thus assisting 500,000 people, with particular focus on women and the young.
État de droit - démocratie - droits de l’homme
Gestion des finances publiques
- Enhancement of local government capabilities for decentralised governance and coordination between municipalities and different actors and government levels.
- Rise of 15% in the average income of women and young people residing in the municipalities covered by the programme.
- Instruments for the coordinated management of local development produced by the programme have been incorporated into the legal framework of the municipal administration and into the policies of national decision-making institutions.
- Spaces are operating that allow coordination to take place between municipalities and provinces for the purposes of joint decision-making.
- The private and cooperative sectors coordinate with production chains, increase their production and services, create employment, and generate income for the municipality.
- New social services that focus on women and young people have been created from the municipal funds.
- Procedure designed for coordinated multi-level, inter-municipal and multi-actor governance.
- National and international networks that will support
- knowledge management have been identified.
- Awareness raised among the directors and specialists of national institutions participating in the project in relation to the relevance of the coordinated governance approach
- to local development.
- Territories (provinces and municipalities) selected for the intervention.
- Programme des Nations Unies pour le développement
The economic reform that is taking place in Cuba establishes measures which aim to increase the efficiency of public administration in the management of local development. These measures include granting increased powers to municipal and provincial governments in keeping with a pattern of decentralisation that seeks to boost the modest economic growth (2013 GDP: 2.6%) at the local level, increasing the economy’s low productivity levels and tackling poverty and social vulnerability (affecting 20% of the total population). PADIT proposes to strengthen this process by means of a multi-level management approach towards local development that will equip local ventures with the added- value of regional production chains and inter-municipal social services.
Improved living conditions among the population of the municipalities linked to the programme by generating new income-generation opportunities and access to public services, with particular focus on women and the young.
PADIT will benefit an estimated 500,000 people in 6 municipalities located in 3 provinces through training, the strengthening of institutions, governance process improvements and new employment, income and service options.
|Effets à moyen terme||
Principaux résultats attendus:
Principaux résultats antérieurs:
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Coopération au développement
|Partenaire de projet||
Organisme des Nations Unies (ONU)
Ministry for Foreign Trade and Investment (MINCEX), Ministry for the Economy and Planning (MEP), Physical Planning Institute (IPF)
|Coordination avec d'autres projets et acteurs||
With the SDC programmes, including PRODEL and AGROCADENAS
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 5'060'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 5'075'013|
|Phases du projet||
(Phase en cours)
Phase 1 01.04.2014 - 31.12.2017 (Completed)