TUR CONCERN Capacity Strengthening of local NGOs for Effective Refugee Response in Turkey
Civil Society (CS) in Turkey only recently has developed a humanitarian focus. INGOs, donors and the UN rely on a few natinal NGOs to compleent the governmental refugee respone, which is increasingly strained as the Sate is undergoing a severe crisis. Humanitarian CS initiatives have also emerged at local and provincial level, but there institutional and operational capacities are still weak. This project will stregthen the capacities of 10 local NGOs to conduct refugee assistance.
Asistencia humanitaria y RRC
Conflito y fragilidad
Conflict prevention and transformation
Protección, acceso y seguridad
Derechos humanos (incluidos los derechos de las mujeres)
Asistencia psicosocial (till 2016)
Salud mental y bienestar
- Local NGO partners have identified their organizational strengths and weaknesses and use their organization capacity development plan to track improvement on specific targets.
- Partner NGOs have received targeted trainings and have improved capacity in Proposal Developments, Project, Financial, Logistics and HR Management, as well as Donor Compliance as a minimum.
- Refugees in Turkey have received appropriate and timely support from the 10 local NGOs.
- Partner NGOs have completed an Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA).
- Partner NGOs have their Organizational Capacity Development Plan (OCD).
- Trainings are provided to Partner NGO staff as identified in the OCA and the OCD:
- 6 partners have received trainings in Proposal Developments; Project, Financial, Logistics, HR Management; and Donor Compliance. All 10 Partners have access to consultants to work alongside with them.
- Grants are provided to the 10 partner NGOs to implement on e project each as previously identified.
- On-the-job coaching/mentoring is provided by CONCERN to partner staff through the implementation of grant projects.
- Other international or foreign NGO North
The Turkish State's response to the needs of the counrty's 2.77 million Syrian refugees has been coparatively adequate so far but the Turkish economy is in decline, state services are under pressure, and political tensions^in the Turkish society are rising. In this context, the vulnerabilities in the refugee population are growing.
CS in Turkey, including its Syrian components, is key in ensuring that the refugee response in the country stays adequate.
There are only few natinal NGOs with a broad humanitarian scope. As implementing partners for international asssitance this group is too small and thus its operational capacities are overstretched.
However, humanitarian CS initiatives have also emerged at province and local level. Their institutional and operational capacities still need to be developed.
|Objetivos||Strengthen the institutional capacity of then local NGOs to enable them do design, implement and manage effective projects in response to the refugee crisis in Turkey.|
Primary 10 local NGOs/CBOs (6 smaller CBOs/NGOs + 4 medium sized NGOs) of a proportional mix of Turkish and Syrian origin which have offices in Turkey.
Secondary: The beneficiaries provided with aid through the smaller and larger grant projects implemented by the 10 partner organizations, plus the larger communities who will benefit from greater service provision to local refugee population and a strengthened local response capacity. Moreover, future projects implemented by the 10 partner organizations will have increased job opportunities within the NGO sector for both Turkish citizens and Syrian refugees within the region.
|Efectos a medio plazo||
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
ONG internacional o extranjera
|Coordinación con otros proyectos y actores||CONCERN is a member of Alliance2015 which has a regional representation in Jordan. This allows alignment under common standards and exchange on operations. CONCERN has been an active participant since 2013 in NGO-networks (Cross-border NGO-Forum, Turkey NGO-Platform), is actively participating in consultations with UNHCR on protection and in OCHA-led coordination mechanisms.|
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 598'500 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 537'500 Total del proyecto desde la primera fase Presupuesto inclusive contrapartes del proyecto CHF 598'500|