Rural Water and Sanitation Support Programme Kosovo (RWSSP V)
Since 2005, the Swiss Rural Water and Sanitation Support Programme has provided access to safe drinking water and sanitation to more than 150,000 people living in rural area. The programme is building infrastructure, strengthening managing capacity, and developing the sector framework conditions. It is expected that by 2017, 320,000 people will benefit and that the Regional Water Companies maintain effectively the water networks.
Agua potable y saneamiento básico (WASH) (til 2016)
- About 320,000 people from rural areas with lowest water service coverage
- The seven Regional Water Companies and their association
- Selected municipalities / Village Councils
- Economic, environmental and water quality regulators of the water services
- Kosovo’s Regional Water Companies supply water for the large majority of the population all over the country and manage rural wastewater treatment systems
- Kosovo’s water and sanitation services are effective and self-financed.
- Kosovo-wide coordination mechanisms to address rural water supply and sanitation issues are in place.
- 55,000 people gained access to either water supply, sewerage or waste-water treatment;
- 85 rural water systems were integrated in Regional Water Companies (RWC) adding 15,000 new legal customers;
- Revenue collection increased in the RWC’s of Pristina (from 71% to 75%) and Ferizaj (from 57% to 68%).
- Sector privado extranjero Norte
- Sector privado suizo
- Skat Consulting Ltd.
The country’s public water sector faces huge challenges in providing quality services to its population. About 40% of the people, mainly in rural areas, has no access to piped water supply systems or rely on poorly functioning ones not managed by licensed operators. Adequate wastewater treatment is almost absent in both rural and urban areas. Low capacities and high water losses undermine the sustainability of the utilities.
The programme contributes to increased access of Kosovo’s population to proper water supply and sanitation and to a sustainable country-wide water and sanitation services management. The expected impact is the expansion of water supply coverage to the majority of the rural population (80% and beyond), improved sustainability of water and sanitation services and enhanced sector coordination.
|Efectos a medio plazo||
Resultados de las fases anteriores:
From 2005 to 2010, 100,000 people in 40 villages belonging to 7 municipalities of south-eastern Kosovo gained access to safe drinking water and sanitation. From 2011 to 2013:
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
Cooperación con Europa del Este
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 13'900'000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 13'796'015|
|Fases del proyecto||
(Fase en curso)
Fase 5 01.11.2013 - 30.06.2018 (Completed)Fase 4 01.01.2011 - 30.06.2014 (Completed)