Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
Please note that you will need two identification documents when visiting the Consulate General. One document (identity card, driver's license or other identification with photo and identity details of the owner) must be deposited in the lobby of the Bitexco Financial Tower to gain access to the office tower. The other document (passport) is to be presented at the Consulate General.
All Swiss citizens in Vietnam are called up to follow the instructions and recommendations of the Vietnamese authorities.
All persons in Vietnam are encouraged to submit an online health declaration and update it as needed: tokhaiyte.vn, tab "For foreign guests" or via smartphone app NCOVI. Print out this confirmation at the end of filling it out or save it on your mobile phone.
For general information related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) kindly consult the information and directives of the Vietnam Tourism Advisory Board, local authorities (in Vietnamese only), their recommendations (in Vietnamese only), the online newspaper of the Vietnamese Government and the recommendations of the World Health Organisation WHO.
In Switzerland, the Federal Office of Public Health FHPO informs the public regarding COVID-19.
The Government of Liechtenstein informs regarding the COVID-19 situation in Liechtenstein.
The Travel Advice FDFA (in German, French and Italian) offers travellers basic information for travel preparation by informing on possible risks and certain precautions. They are to be considered as a complementary source of information.
Contact with the Consulate General
The Consulate General of Switzerland in Ho Chi Minh City can be contacted by phone during opening hours.
Outside the opening hours you can reach us for non-emergency inquiries by email and we will get in touch with you in due time.
In an emergency outside our opening hours, Swiss and Liechtenstein citizens can contact the Helpline FDFA around the clock.
Swiss non-resident travellers in Vietnam
In view of the extraordinary circumstances, we urge non-resident Swiss citizens in Vietnam to register on Travel Admin and keep the information updated at all times. This will allow the Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City to contact them when needed.
On August 4, the Immigration Department announced a new policy that provides an automatic extension of temporary stay for foreigners in certain qualifying groups with plans to depart Vietnam.
Swiss and Liechtenstein citizens who need certification according to the new policy can contact the Consulate General of Switzerland in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Federal Council has called on Swiss travellers to return to their permanent place of residence in Switzerland or abroad.
- Korean Air and Asiana Airlines offer flights from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City via Seoul to various European cities, some with connections in Switzerland.
- Emirates is offering flights from Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi via Dubai to Switzerland.
- Qatar Airways is offeringflights from Ho Chi Minh City via Doha to various European cities.
- Cathay Pacific is offering flights from Ho Chi Minh City via Hong Kong to Switzerland.
- Air France is offering flights from Ho Chi Minh City via Bangkok (without leaving the plane) to Paris in July and August.
- Swiss International Air Lines / Lufthansa is offering flight connections via Hong Kong to Switzerland and Germany in cooperation with Cathay Pacific. The Group's office in Vietnam can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Switzerland or Liechtenstein
Swiss and Liechtenstein nationals and foreigners with a valid residence permit for Switzerland, who have registered on Travel Admin, will be informed by the Swiss Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City by email, if special travel possibilities to Switzerland become known at short notice.
The following travel options to Switzerland are currently known:
(The following information might not be exhaustive and may change at any time. Accordingly, the Swiss Consulate General cannot assume any liability in relation to this information and advises travellers to book directly with the respective airline or a trustworthy travel agency.)
- Switzerland suspends the entry of foreigners from non-EU/EFTA countries and the United Kingdom for short stays of up to 90 days (with few exceptions) until further notice. Airport transfer is permitted without restrictions. For details please refer to the webpage of the Swiss State Secretariat for Migration SEM.
- Information on visas to Switzerland in Vietnam you can find on our visa page.
Entry regulations Switzerland
Entry regulations Vietnam
Vietnam has suspended entry for foreigners until further notice.
Airlines are requested not to transport any passengers into Vietnam for the time being.
Persons authorized to enter Vietnam with a special permission will be subjected to a strict health check and a compulsory 14 day quarantine. The cost for food and lodging will have to be borne by the person concerned.
The People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City now considers reviewing visa dossiers to allow foreigners who are investors, technical experts, skilled workers and managers entering Ho Chi Minh City to work. Find more info here: DOFA_Note_foreign_experts_EN