Jobs at Swiss representations in the U.S. will be published here.
The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) regulary seeks qualified and motivated employees.
Job vacancies will be published through the state job web portal. You can tailor your search towards your requirements through various search criteria.
Embassy of Switzerland in Washington D.C.
The Embassy of Switzerland is looking for 8 interns from September 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021 or March 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021 Please take a look at possibilities and requirements on our Academic Internships page
Consulate General of Switzerland in New York
The Consulate General in New York also offers 3 internship positions to qualified candidates in the following sections:
- Economic Affairs and Communication
- Culture and Education
- Swiss Business Hub in New York and San Francisco
The purpose of these academic internships is to offer students or recent graduates an opportunity to discover the activities of a Swiss representation abroad and to become familiar with the diverse aspects of a diplomatic career.
All positions are full-time (40 hours per week) and run for 6 months. Remuneration for the positions is USD 2,700 per month.
For details and how to apply, read the document on internships.
The Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the United Nations
Starting date: December 1, 2020 (or upon agreement)
You will be the Driver/Messenger/Handyperson, providing safe and dependable airport pickups and general transportation for the Ambassador and various VIPs, facilitating efficient messenger services for the Mission, and acting as a handyperson to complete additional tasks around the office as needed. Your responsibilities include picking up and dropping off the Ambassador at various locations in New York City, including but not limited to the airport, the residence, the Mission, and the United Nations. Additionally, you will bring important messages, documents, packages and other items to and from these same, as well as other, locations. Finally, your role includes maintaining a clean and functional office, and performing moving and maintenance jobs as required. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a track record of hands-on experience.
You will receive the necessary training on the job. You will work in a team of approximately 35 employees in a high-rise building in Manhattan. Offices are modern, spacious and bright.
- Valid United States driver’s license
- History of good driving and vigilant in obeying traffic laws and speed limits
- Punctual and reliable
- Primary education, secondary education is considered an asset
- Minimum 2 years of relevant, hands-on work experience and preferably as a driver or messenger in New York City
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work independently
- High degree of personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent English, knowledge of a Swiss national language an asset
- Inviting work atmosphere in a multilingual setting, team of about 35 employees
- Diversified work in a foreign representation and diplomatic environment
- Office conveniently located in midtown Manhattan
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 100% matching in 401 k plan
- Paid vacation, American and some Swiss holidays
Please send your resume, a letter of interest and salary expectations no later than October 30, 2020 in electronic format (word or pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please write into the subject line “Driver/ Messenger/Handyperson” to ensure timely processing of your application.
Consulate General of Switzerland San Francisco
The Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco is looking for a Consular Employee (80 or 100%, 32 or 40 hrs per week, permanent position) available immediately or upon agreement.
For details and how to apply, read the document below: