Contribution to the programme of Solidar Suisse (Est)
Solidar Switzerland’s cooperation engagement contributes to poverty reduction and respect of human rights. It supports political and economical processes to improve equitable access to resources, labour and power in a globalised world. Special focus is to enhance the decent work agenda and to foster democratic structures. At the same time Solidar undertakes awareness raising and advocacy activities in Switzerland, in order to sensitise the Swiss public on development policy issues.
Eastern Europe and CIS
Employment & economic development
Conflict & fragility
Conflict prevention and transformation
Public sector policy
- Through organising and social dialogue an improvement of labour conditions will be achieved.
- Elevation of income of vulnerable people through adopted value chain procedures and strengthening of their organisations.
- Increased interaction between citizens and authorities to shape and develop their communities.
- Inclusion of preventive measures to minimise the negative impact of natural disasters.
- Increased awareness in Switzerland on foreign and trade policies related to globalise social justice. Promotion of individual behaviour change.
- Solidar Switzerland
Social and economical disparities across the societies are leading to social tensions and exclusion of economical growth. These disparities leave millions of people in the poverty trap. The on-going effects of the financial crisis deepen these disparities. At the same time, defending democratic values and structures becomes more significant as they are still not universal. In parallel the impact of climate change has to be addressed as a context factor.
Solidar’s program aims to overcome disparities within societies, to alleviate people form poverty and to create structures providing equitable access to labour, resources and power.
Trade Unions, Labour Support Organisations,
Results from previous phases:
Strengthening civil society, private and gov-ernment actors in order to shape policies and politics for a fair and just glbalisation needs a balanced and long-term approach. It becomes obvious that sustainable solutions have to be developed, tested and put in to practice in a multi stakeholder approach. The ways to these solutions is marked by a wide range of interactions (from conflict to dialogue and joint projects).
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss cooperation with Eastern Europe
Swiss Non-profit Organisation
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 800’000 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 800’000|
Phase 2 01.01.2013 - 31.12.2014 (Completed)Phase 1 01.01.2008 - 31.12.2012 (Completed)