Swiss-Georgian pianist Tamar Beraia will perform Liszt sonate h-moll, Schumann toccata op.7, Mussorgsky Pictures at the exhibition
Cost of tickets - 70-265 UAH
Liszt - Sonata in B minor
Schumann - Toccata, op.7
Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition
Georgian/Swiss pianist Tamar Beraia was born in Tbilisi, (Georgia) in 1987, into a family of musicians. She received her first piano lessons from her mother at the age of five. Tamar received most of her training in Georgia studying with Dodo Tsintsadze at Z. Paliashvili central music school and with Nana Khubutia at the Tbilisi state Conservatoire finishing her studies with Master degree. Tamar had earned her second Master degree under the guidance of Ivan Klánský in Lucerne.
Tamar Beraia is a prize winner of many national and international competitions:
1) Seventeenth Paloma O'shea Santander International Piano Competition (2012), Third Prize ex-aequo, the Bronze Medal and the Sony audience prize.
2) Neue Sterne International Piano Competition in Wernigerode, Germany (2010), First Prize.
3) The Third Tbilisi International Piano Competition, Georgia (2005), First Prize.
4) Nodar Gabunia National Piano Competition in Tbilisi, Georgia (2003), First Prize.
5) First Tbilisi International Young Pianists' Competition, Georgia (2003) First Prize.
6) First Tbilisi International Young Pianists' Competition, Georgia (2003) First Prize, Category Piano Duo.
7) Henrich Neihauz International Piano Competition in Saratov, Russland (2000), First Prize.
8) International Piano Duo Competition´ in Sankt Petersburg, Russia (1997), First Prize.
9) B.Dvarionas International Piano Competition in Vilnius, Lithuania (1997), Laureate.
Throughout these years she was supported by various scholarships, including those awarded by M. Tariverdiev foundation and the eminent pianist Elisabeth Leonskaja. In 2007, she was invited by Eteri Anjaparidze to Chicago (USA), where she had performed the recital in the big hall of the DePaul University, had a Live performance in Radio and the Live recording in Fazioli Studio. In 2008, Tamar's recital in the framework of concert-series “Prima La Musica“ was broadcasted by the music channel Mezzo. She was invited twice on the international Piano festival in Bayerische Musikakademie in Marktoberdorf , Germany by the famous pianist Janina Fialkowska.
A longstanding complicity binds her to her sister Natia Beraia, with whom she has formed a duo since childhood to play the four-hand and two-piano repertoire.
In February 2014, Tamar's first CD “Portrait“ was released by the Label EaSonus, coproduction with the Munich Radio Bayerische Rundfunk.
From 2015 Tamar Beraia is being supported by Bayer Culture within the framework of stART-program.
She is regularly giving recitals, participating on the festivals, performing with orchestras in Germany, France, Switzerland, Ireland, Denmark, Ukraine, Spain, Georgia, Luxembourg, Austria and Poland.
For more information see: Tamar Beraia