The Swiss Cooperation Office (SCO) in Tajikistan announces a new round of call for proposals under its Small Actions Line addressing innovative interventions in Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Practices within the following specific thematic areas, including youth initiatives:
- Solid waste management
- Climate smart agriculture (agroforestry, climate resilient horticulture, adapting farming practices, etc.)
- Soil and water conservation practices/technologies (i.e. efficient irrigation water use, water-harvesting practices, afforestation for prevention of land degradation etc.)
- Energy efficiency
Small Actions Line is as one-time support projects with a financial grant of up to maximum CHF 200'000 (budget currency TJS) and with a maximum duration of 12 months.
Proportion of funding is max. 80% SCO contribution and 20% partner’s or third parties’ contribution. The latter cannot be financed by the Swiss governmental funds.
Proportion of funding for private sector/commercial entities is max 50% (SCO contribution) and 50% (minimum partner’s contribution).
Eligibility of applicants:
- Non-governmental and non-profit organizations
- Professional associations and unions
- Local offices of international organizations
- Public institutions
- Private Sector (Commercial entities)
Criteria for Exclusion:
- Travel grants
- Study tours
- Charity events
- Running costs of the applying organization, equipment and materials, when presented without activities.
Applicants shall submit a brief description (max. 5 A4 page, Arial 10) of the project idea/project concept in English, in the electronic form (Word format). All proposals have to contain clear goals and target groups and show the ability of the organisation to carry out the project aims.
Proposals shall either be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered in electronic form at the SCO at Tolstoy Str, 3 in Dushanbe.
No application are accepted after the deadline indicated in the Call for Proposal. No additional information provided at this stage. Applicants shall not contact directly the SCO for information about the status of their proposal.
The deadline for application is August 9, 2021 by 17:00.