Tajikistan is often associated with a number of beautiful places and breath-taking scenery, endless pure rivers, lakes, magnificent mountains, interesting cuisine, ancient architecture and hospitality of the locals. No wonder tourists from around the world strive to see and experience the natural beauty of the country.
Building on the success of the previous calendars devoted to beautiful Tajikistan, and with the aim to promote tourism in Tajikistan, the Swiss Cooperation Office invites local professional and amateur photographers to participate in the contest, which will result in selecting of a limited number of photos that shall reflect the numerous touristic features (nature, people, cuisine and architecture) of Tajikistan. We are convinced that all interested contestants have a great deal of such photos to offer, which would show what Tajikistan has in store for tourists. Photographs submitted are expected to vividly reflect Tajikistan from the touristic perspectives.
- artistic quality/professionalism
- technical quality/high resolution
- content/reflection of the subject
The yearly calendar “Tajikistan” has become a ‘trade mark’ of the Swiss Cooperation Office in Tajikistan, therefore the selection of winning photographs will be done internally by the staff of the Office.
Requirements to contestants:
- personal info in brief
- info on the photographs: date, place, captions
- language: Tajik, Russian or English
- quantity of photographs submitted: 5-7
- minimal resolution: 300 d/i
- size: minimum 2 MB
All photographs meeting the above requirements should be submitted in the electronic form either by email or hand carried in a media device (CD or memory stick).
Honorarium: The prize per one selected photograph is 960 Tajik Somoni
How to apply:
* if submitted in a media device: to be in a sealed envelope indicating the subject PHOTO CONTEST CALENDAR and containing contact info of the applicant to the following address: Swiss Cooperation Office in Tajikistan - Dushanbe, 3 Tolstoy street; Tel: (+992 37) 224 73 16, 224 38 97
* if submitted via e-mail: email@example.com with cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating PHOTO CONTEST CALENDAR
Deadline for submission of the complete application package: October 11, 2019