Autumn is in the air and so is movie season. The Women Make Waves Int’l Film Festival is back this year from 16th to 25th October with physical screenings at SPOT-Huashan in Taipei and a wide range of programs which explore the notion of “Femture” ( the future of women and feminism). It stresses the future’s complexity and delivers an introduction that’s open to interpretation.
Among the diverse selections you can enjoy at the 27th edition of the Festival are 3 Swiss titles you wouldn't want to miss. It includes “My Little Sister” (Schwesterlein) by Stéphanie Chuat and Véronique Reymond which has entered the race for a nomination in the International Feature Film category for the 93rd Academy Awards. The feature film is scheduled for 2 screenings as the following:
- Monday, October 19, 19:10 pm at SPOT Huashan A One
- Sunday, October 25, 14:30 pm at SPOT Huashan A One
Another highlight is Swiss co-production “In A Whisper” (A Media Voz) by Patricia Pérez Fernandez and Heidi Hassan. The feature-length documentary takes us in an intimate and emotional journey about two filmmakers, also childhood friends, who try to find themselves and each other in a foreign land.
- Monday, October 19, 21:40 pm at SPOT Huashan A Two
- Saturday, October 24, 19:20 pm at SPOT Huashan A Two
Last but not least, is Swiss short “Red Ants Bite” by Elene Naveriani. It follows two Nigerians, Obinna and Afame, stranded in Tbilisi, Georgia. Their journey will reveal the complexity of their emotional and social ties in a country that wants them to disappear.
- Friday, October 16, 21:50 pm at SPOT Huashan A Two
- Monday, October 19, 13:30 pm at SPOT Huashan A Two
- Thursday, October 22, 14:40 pm at SPOT Huashan A Two
For more information, please visit the websites below.