What is death penalty?
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to lose one’s freedom?
Should prisoners be given a second chance to change?
As an active defender of human rights, Switzerland rejects the death penalty and is committed to a world without capital punishment. With the support of the Trade Office of Swiss Industries and other organizations in an effort to encourage the abolition of the death penalty, "Not Who We Were" is an art exhibition which aims at raising awareness among the civil society about this topic.
The exhibition features paintings and calligraphies by inmates on death row. Using art as a tool for social awareness, these art pieces speak for themselves and communicate to the public. An installation recreating a prison cell framed out to the dimension of 4.5 m² is also on display.
The exhibition accompanied by workshops will take place in Taipei, Miaoli and Tainan.
- Exhibition: July 18 – 26, 2020 at Bopiliao Historical Block
- Workshop: Sunday, July 19 from 13:30 – 16:30 pm and Friday, July 24, 2020 from 19:00 – 21:00 pm
- Exhibition: August 1 – 9, 2020 at The Artist Chen's Craft Center
- Workshop: Saturday, August 8, 2020 from 15:00 – 17:00 pm
- Exhibition: August 22 – September 3, 2020 at Tsang Fong
- Workshop: Sunday, August 30, 2020 from 15:00 – 17:00 pm