Social Inclusion and Improvement of living conditions of Roma and other vulnerable groups in Mures, Cluj and Bihor
The overall goal of the project is to improve the living condition and the social inclusion of the Roma communities and other vulnerable minorities in the project region Mures, Cluj and Bihor. The project intends to apply a combination of different interventions in the following fields of education, health, social assistance and vocational education.
Accroître la sécurité sociale
Diverses prestations sociales
- 5'231 children benefitted from educational support in after school groups organized in a total of 93 localities
- 11'757 children participated in intercultural educational activities and 305 in mentoring programs
- 206 teachers and non-didactical personnel participated in training programs in development of children abilities, learning difficulties and social pedagogy
- 564 parents were involved in educational activities
- 5'062 beneficiaries of the health component received information and support related to their rights and how to access public services and avoid health problems or reduce complications
- 2066 persons benefitted of a package of employability services (information, counselling, vocational training and job mediation) and from a microcredit system
- In total 1553 beneficiaries, out of which 81% are Roma, benefitted from information, counselling and job mediation
- Through the vocational training program 220 persons (48%) obtained an employment contract, 258 persons found jobs through job mediation and approximately 110 jobs were created through the microcredit scheme
- A total of 598 persons with an improved income situation
- 95 families from 9 localities improved their housing conditions, specifically their houses were extended with bathroom, additional rooms with bathroom or built entirely new houses.
Target groups are Roma and other vulnerable groups in the region, in particular Roma kids (education), young adults (vocational skills and income promotion), children and women (health and social assistance).
Education: the project will set-up of after school classes, catch-up summer kindergarten, other support on pre-school and primary school level and enhance inclusive education. Health and social assistance: Informing the Roma about their right to access medical services and health insurance; offering assistance for registration; information and awareness raising on health issues, medical services, nutrition, hygiene, childcare, family planning, offering social counseling services and establishing and providing home care services “by Roma for Roma” and other non insured people. Vocational education and income promotion: fostering access to vocational trainings (access to accredited courses) and micro-business development (self-employment).
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 0 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 0 Budget y compris partenaires de projet CHF 3'599'788|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 1 01.03.2012 - 30.11.2019 (Completed)