Sustainability is a key topic in Swiss foreign policy (see Foreign Policy Strategy 2020-2023) and the Embassy's projects (see Flagship Projects). We practice what we preach: In January 2021, the team of the Embassy has started to systematically gather ideas and analyse what we can change in our Embassy building, our day-to-day operations and our individual behaviour in order to become more sustainable and avoid a negative impact on the environment and the climate.
Here is a selection of measures we have already put into place:
- Installation of additional recycling containers in individual offices, the break room and the kitchen.
- Awareness raising among the entire team about how to properly recycle.
- Energy audit with an external service provider to find out what we can do in order to reduce our energy consumption (heat, water, and electricity).
- Systematic replacement of old lamps with energy-saving LEDs.
- Participation in annual "Clean Up the World" effort in Warsaw against littering.
- "Bike to work" challenge.
Further measures are currently under review.