Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Modern Management of the Gotania Subregion
The project aims at developing the local entrepreneurship and the tourism offer by promoting local potentials, particularly in the field of culture, history, art and handicraft.
Promoting economic growth and improving working conditions
Regional development and employment
- Gotania brand created
- More than 200% increase in tourists visiting the Gotania sub-region,127 new beds created with interventions financed by the Swiss grants
- 88 grants for SMEs development (new business entities established) and 52 grants for NGOs development awarded
- More than 1'100 people benefitted from training activities (including vocational trainings and counsetting).
- 6 study visits to Switzerland organised, in which 59 persons participated
- 8 promotional events organised (e.g. 4 festivals of Ancient culture, 2 seminars and 2 conference), in which approximately 18'000 persons participated
- National State Institute North
The Lubelskie Region suffers from low level of GDP as well from a acute socioeconomic crisis. The area around the urban commune of Hrubieszow, concerned by the programme, is considered to be among the poorest in Poland and characterized by poor educational level, poor infrastructure development, poor social and economical development and lack of entrepreneurial initiatives.
The project aims at exploiting the endogenic potential of the region for social and economic development particularly in the field of tourism. Inspired by archaeological findings the project will promote local potentials and develop the tourism offer in order to possibly attract clients/tourists, strenghten entrepreneurship and improve the investment attractiveness of the area
10 local government entities, SMEs, NGOs, individuals of rural areas, willing to develop small business
The project will finance: 1) Creation and management of three funds, for human resource development, for community development initiatives and for entrepreneurship development; 2) Job and career counselling; 3) Organisation of training courses related to entrepreneurship skills development; 4) Support and creation and events and material for tourism and regional products promotion
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 4'138'048 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 4'092'469|
Phase 1 09.08.2011 - 31.07.2016 (Completed)