Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
The project will consistently strengthen the capacity of the border guards in Biala Podlaska to ensure the EU border protection. The construction of the Medical Check Centre in Biala Podlaska will mitigate the epidemiological risk coming from the increased number of migrants crossing the eastern border of Poland.
Enhanced security and safety
- Complete medical check
- Psychological support
- Medical advisory services
- The Office of Foreigners will be responsible to execute the project in close collaboration with the Central Clinical Hospital and the Border Guards.
- A tender for a general contractor according to the Polish legislation shall be organised.
- The Office for Foreigners will appoint a supervisor specifically for the project in order to keep on track the planning and the construction works.
- Medical Check Centre: 8 consultation and treatment desks, 1 x-ray laboratory (equipped), 2 vehicle to transport, 19 staff employed
- National State Institute North
The eastern border is for Poland the most important borderline to be secured. An increased epidemiological threat coming from migrants crossing the eastern border has been monitored and can impact on EU security as well. The sole epidemiological facility today is located close to Warsaw, far from the eastern borderline. The migrants have to travel there with their means. This can take two days and, in case the person is affected by transmissible diseases (i.e tuberculosis, etc.), can constitute a big potential threat for the public health.
The project aim at strengthening the capacity of the border guards in Terespol to ensure the EU border protection. Migrants will benefit from:
Thank to this support to new coming migrants, the epidemiological risk will be consistently mitigated.
Border guards corps at the border check point in Terespol
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 1'955'000 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 1'717'501|
Phase 1 01.07.2011 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)