Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Knight’s Trail in Lublin Region
The programme aims at promoting local products and developing the local entrepreneurship in the Lubelskie Region through the establishment of a local brand, the financing of business initiatives and services and training.
Promoting economic growth and improving working conditions
Regional development and employment
- 51 grants for SMEs development awarded
- Brand “Jan III Sobieski Trail” promoted
- 38 training activities organised, in which 496 SMEs, farmers, start-ups and NGOs participated
- 2 study visits to Switzerland organised, in which 36 persons participated
- 2 partnerships established (2 Swiss experts involved in the project works on development of local brand)
- 33 promotional activities (conferences, radio, interview, TV programs) organised
- 68 press publications and announcements published
- National State Institute North
The Lubelskie Region suffers from low level of GDP as well from an acute socio-economic crisis. The area is unified by the cultural heritage connected to the Sobiesky family, valuable natural resources and genuine agricultural production. This potentials if properly exploited can constitute valid development factors for the region.
The aim of the programme is to enhance regional development through providing support to develop local potentials and resources-oriented entrepreneurship mechanisms. Tourism related product and services will be developed. Human resources in particular in the field of marketing and tourism will be trained and supported.
SMEs, individuals willing to develop small business and local governments
The project will finance: (i): The creation establishment of quality brand as well as the creation of a certification centre; (ii): The creation of the Think-Tank centre providing analysis and market simulations, dissemination market investigation; (iii): Management of an entrepreneurship fund supporting new businesses as well as business partnerships; (iv): Organisation of training courses for entrepreneurs based on the market analysis; (v): Creation of events and material for the promotion of regional products
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 5'284'955 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 4'931'716|
Phase 1 01.10.2011 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)