Strengthening Civil Society in Myanmar: Paung Ku
Paung Ku is a prominent Myanmar non-governmental organization that strengthens civil society to drive positive social change, shaping the country to have freedom, justice, rights, peace and development that is pro-poor and environmentally sustainable. It is unique at this point in Myanmar in the reach of its network in the civil society and amongst power holders and the use of its sharp political economy analysis to effect change.
Droits de la personne
Participation démocratique et société civile
Droits de la personne (y compris droits des femmes)
- Civil society actors have increased capacity to address and influence issues that affect their communities and the country
- Civil society strengthening approaches of Paung Ku and other development actors are informed by learning
- 100 Civil society actors per year have improved access to financial, technical, human and institutional resources, including mentoring resources
- Civil society actors have increased opportunities to reflect and learn in order to improve their practices through at least 200 learning platforms per year
- 25 demands of civil society organization per years will be positively responded by governments and non-government actors by changing policy, laws and regulations and/ or other remedies.
- PK is registered as an independent organization
- Governance is restructured: partially new board, new terms of reference and strengthened senior management team
- Administrative, human resource and financial systems are set up and applied
- Gender and Diversity Guidelines are developed
- 173 micro-grants and mentoring have been provided to 132 civil society organizations (2014)
- 200 learning platforms were supported (2104)
- 179,000 people have been reached by PK and its partners
- 24 cases out of 208 instances of PK partners actions, resulted in changes in laws, policies, or regulations and/or other remedies.
- SDC Field Office
Myanmar’s political, economic and social transition offers great new opportunities as well as risks for its citizens and the environment. Civil society (CS) has grown and become more active. To reach its potential, it needs better technical and financial resources as well as interconnectedness.
The overall goal of Paung Ku is for civil society to drive positive social change in Myanmar.
170,000 community members from Paung Ku's partner directly affected
|Effets à moyen terme||
Principaux résultats attendus:
Principaux résultats antérieurs:
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Coopération au développement
|Partenaire de projet||
ONG internationale ou étrangère
|Coordination avec d'autres projets et acteurs||
Regular coordination meetings will take place with Paung Ku's other donors (DFID, NPA and others).
Paung Ku will continue to participate regularly in the SDC supported regional Local Governance Initiative and Network (LOGIN) activities.
Synergies will be sought between SDC other projects and PK partners at local level
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 3’050’000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 3’040’460|
|Phases du projet||
(Phase en cours)
Phase 1 01.02.2014 - 30.06.2019 (Completed)