Switzerland has been supporting the Republic of Moldova since 2000 as an expression of solidarity, but also with a view to enhancing security and stability in Europe. SDC operates in Moldova based on a general framework agreement concerning humanitarian assistance and technical cooperation signed by the Governments of Switzerland and Moldova in 2001.
Swiss Cooperation Strategy for the Republic of Moldova (2018-2021)
In close cooperation with stakeholders from government, private sector and civil society, Switzerland aims at enhancing the well-being of Moldovan population and the cohesion of Moldovan society, with a special focus on the inclusion of excluded groups.
Striving towards the mentioned goal, SDC:
- Supports the participation of women, girls, men and boys in decision-making processes, their access to enhanced economic opportunities, and their effective enjoyment of good quality services.
- Prioritizes social inclusion
- contributing to more equity in the political, economic and social spheres;
- fostering an increased sense of fairness among members of society;
- easing existing social frictions in society and fostering cohesion.
SDC works in 3 main sectors in Moldova:
- Local Governance
- Economic Development & Employment
- Focusing on sustainable results;
- Reaching out to the most excluded;
- Promoting enabling framework conditions and local onership;
- Supporting tailor-made cooperation.
Swiss Bilateral ODA
|Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)|
|Cooperation with Eastern Europe and Eurasia||13.84||8.68||11.75|
|State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO)|
|Economic Cooperation and Development||0.29||0.30||–|
|Human Security Division (HSD)|
|Conflict transformation and human rights||–||–||0.06|
|Other Federal Offices|
|Network of FDFA representations abroad||0.73||1.35||..|
|State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI)||0.01||0.02||..|
|Total other Federal Offices||0.74||1.37||–|
|Cantons and municipalities||0.53||..||..|
* planned; total based on available data
.. = figures not available | – = nil or amount < 5'000 CHF