Osh/Jalalabad Water Rehabilitation Project
The basic objectives are to restore an uninterrupted supply of quality water to 260'000 people in Osh and 75'000 people in Jalal-Abad as well as to strengthen the capacity of the publicly owned water companies in technical, organizational and financial aspects. The project is co-financed with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Urban infrastructure and utilities
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
The basic objective is to restore an uninterrupted supply of better quality water to about 260'000 people in Osh and 75'000 people in Jalal-Abad, to strengthen the capacity of the publicly owned water companies in technical, organizational and financial aspects and to reduce the companies costs. The project also includes support for the improvement of the regulatory framework for the water utilities. This could include the regulation of the transfer of responsibilities to water utilities, the strategy formulation and private sector participation and other aspects. The investment component of the project will provide needed equipment for rehabilitation of water intake and distribution, as well as for mainte-nance and repair.
|Effetti a medio termine||
The public utilities practice more effective and efficient management to become financially viable and self-reliant commercial enterprises. This will be achieved through two components:
1) The institutional strengthening component includes project implementation support, financial and organisational support and engineering services, as well as a corporate development and stakeholder participation programme.
2) The investment component of the project will provide needed resources and expertise for the rehabilitation of the water supply network and for selected waste water improvement.
Risultati principali attesi:
Output 1: Improved governance of the sector
- Introduction of public service agreements with Key Performance Indicators-
- Modification of legal and operational framework for Public utilities so that there?s more enabling environment-
- Sectoral strategy developed by municipalities and implemented.
Output 2: Improved Management of the public utilities in different areas of management
- Practice demand and supply management by introducing bulk metering at the sources and individual metering in pilot area-
- Enhance accounting and billing systems-
- Elaborate long and medium term tariff policy linked to sectoral strategy and investment plans-
- Conduct trainings in different areas of management
Output 3: Optimization of asset management/operation and maintenance
- Implement Priority Investment Plan
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 15'660'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 0 Budget inclusi partner del progetto CHF 15'660'000|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 1 01.09.2009 - 30.12.2018 (Completed)