FarhangSara: Promotion of Cultural and Artistic Expressions
Through promotion of active citizen participation, in particular women and youth, in cultural activities, the project aims to strengthen shared and diverse values as well as peaceful interaction among people. It will collaborate with and enhance the capacity of public and private cultural and arts institutions and civil society organizations as well as female and male artists in five regions of Afghanistan.
Cultura e svago
Diritti dell'uomo (diritti delle donne inclusi)
- Direct beneficiaries of the project include the Ministry of Information and Culture and its provincial departments, civil society organizations, culture and arts institutions (private and public), female and male artists, craftspeople, musicians, photographers, writers, researchers and other practitioners in urban and rural areas in 5 regions/7 provinces across Afghanistan.
- Indirect beneficiaries include large segments of the population, particularly women and youth.
- Increased public participation in cultural programs in targeted areas, with a specific focus on inclusion of women, girls and youth.
- Increased understanding of the importance and value of Afghan culture and the arts, as well as relevant associated values such as human rights, education and peace-building and reconciliation.
- Female and male artists, Cultural and Arts organizations / institutions (public and private) as well as civil society have the opportunity to apply for funds and implement sub‐projects.
- Project partners as well as individual female and male artists increase their capacities to express themselves.
- Increased number of civil society organizations participating in consultation, coordination and policy development mechanisms with government.
- Increased employment and training opportunities for men, women and youth in the culture and creative industries.
- Agha Khan Foundation
Afghanistan, being at the crossroad of cultures since ancient times, has been associated with various cultures and traditional arts. The prolonged armed conflict has however caused serious damage and has altered this cultural heritage For many Afghans who have witnessed their rich cultural traditions exploited negatively as a source of divisiveness, cultural recovery is intrinsically connected with the objective of post‐war recovery, healing and ultimately with national unity. It is therefore vital that cultural recovery be integrated into the wider process of reconciliation and reconstruction and used as a platform for promoting pluralism and mutual understanding. Key challenges to cultural development in Afghanistan include thus a lack of a broad based cultural strategy serving the reform priorities but also limited culture management capacities, lack of coordination and exchange between state institutions and cultural organizations and limited partnerships for cultural programs outside urban centres. These challenges leave artists, Afghan traditional arts and cultural expressions in a situation of extreme vulnerability.
Enable, enhance, and strengthen the shared and diverse cultural values of Afghanistan, encouraging peaceful interaction amongst people.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Outcome 1: People of all segments of society participate more actively in cultural activities in five regions of Afghanistan and are better able to express themselves, becoming advocates for new cultural initiatives.
Outcome 2: Artists, civil society and cultural organizations as well as relevant public institutions enhance the quality of their cultural and artistic initiatives through support provided under this project for systematic capacity building and policy development.
Outcome 3: Men, women and youth improve their income through employment and trainings in culture and creative industries.
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
This is the first phase of the project with baselines to be established in the first year.
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
Ministry of Information and Culture, Afghan Institute for Civil Society and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 1'422'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 1'276'749|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 99 01.07.2019 - 30.06.2025 (Fase in corso) Fase 2 01.07.2019 - 30.06.2022 (Fase in corso) Fase 1 01.07.2016 - 31.12.2019 (Fase in corso)|