The Steering Committee is the strategic guiding and coordinating body for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda at federal level. Practical implementation work forms part of the sectoral policies of the individual federal agencies and departments.
2030 Agenda Steering Committee
The Federal Council set up the 2030 Agenda Steering Committee to coordinate and guide the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Strategy from the strategic perspective, thereby placing this work on a firmer institutional footing. All of the key federal agencies involved in implementing the 2030 Agenda at directorate level in all departments are represented on the Committee, along with the Federal Chancellery. They coordinate cross-disciplinary policy areas and thus ensure greater coherence in the interests of sustainable development.
The 2030 Agenda Steering Committee is chaired on an alternating basis by the two Delegates of the Federal Council for the 2030 Agenda. It replaces the earlier Interdepartmental Sustainable Development Committee (ISDC).
Members of the 2030 Agenda Steering Committee
Federal agencies from all departments, as well as the Federal Chancellery, are represented on the Agenda 2030 Agenda Steering Committee:
- Federal Office for Spatial Development ARE
- Federal Chancellery FCh
- Directorate of Political Affairs DP (FDFA)
- Federal Office for Agriculture FOAG
- Federal Office for Civil Protection FOCP
- Federal Office for the Environment FOEN
- Federal Office of Public Health FOPH
- Federal Statistical Office FSO
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC
- State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO
- State Secretariat for Migration SEM
- State Secretariat for International Finance SIF